Google utilizes hundreds of factors to ascertain a website’s search engine ranking. Improving your domain authority, in particular, is one of those vital factors that can influence your site’s ranking on SERP (Search Engine Result Pages). Domain Authority is a scoring or grading system developed by Moz that ranges from 0 to 100 to estimate how a website will fare and rank on Google and other search engine platforms. A website with an outstanding DA score will likely rank higher in SERP compared to those with low DA scores.
The domain authority designed by Moz was created to be an indicator of success. It’s a score ranging from 0-100 that estimates how well your website will rank on Google. The higher your DA, the more likely you receive better web traffic and rank higher on the search engine.
- 1 Improving your Domain Authority
- 1.1 Publish Quality and Relevant Content
- 1.2 Check and Maintain Your On-Page SEO
- 1.3 Enhance Your Internal Linking Structure
- 1.4 Remove Toxic BackLinks
- 1.5 Produce High-Quality Links For Your Website
- 1.6 Share Your Content on Social Networking Sites
- 1.7 Guest Posting
- 1.8 Good Content is the Natural Link Builder
- 1.9 Takeaway for Improving your Domain Authority
Improving your Domain Authority
Improving your Domain Authority DA is not an easy thing to do. You need an effective strategy, excellent contents, and lots of patience to do so. If you want to rank higher in Search Engine Results Pages, take your cue from these five of the most effective ways to boost your domain authority this 2019.
Publish Quality and Relevant Content
It may be a cliché, content has always been the king of SEO. In fact, relevant and high-quality contents can help boost your domain authority. All you have to do is write useful, unique, and interesting articles on your website.
You can use images, videos, and GIFs to make your content more exciting and appealing. Also, using infographics is a great way to make your content viral.
Your articles should also have the right length. Content with more than 800 words tends to be more informative than shorter contents. As such, there will be a significant impact if you publish short, irrelevant, and uninspiring content.
Here are some essential things you need to consider in writing a content:
- It’s better to use synonyms than using the same word repeatedly.
- Never copy from someone else’s work. Plagiarism is not a good thing.
- Stick to your topic and don’t discuss trivial things unrelated to your main topic.
- Make your content professional.
Check and Maintain Your On-Page SEO
Your On-Page SEO plays a significant role in boosting your website’s domain authority. It has to do with optimizing your page and content. It includes technical factors such as page headlines, keyword density, and keyword placement.
Here’s a list of things you need to keep in mind to maintain your On-page SEO:
- Heading tags. Use heading tags to feature the main points.
- Keyword density. You should use the keyword on your content naturally and avoid keyword stuffing. Keep the keyword density between 0.5% to 1.5%.
- Targeted keyword. Select a perfect keyword for your blog post. Go for long tail keywords because they are easier to rank.
- Meta description. Don’t leave your meta description blank.
- Permalink structure- Use an SEO permalink structure that contains your focus keyword.
- Image optimization. You should optimize your images to enhance your SEO status.
- Keyword rich titles. Write an attractive and keyword rich title for your blog posts. It’s also better to start your headline with the focus keyword.
Enhance Your Internal Linking Structure
Aside from earning external links, your internal linking structure is also essential in Search Engine Optimization. Linking to your previous blog posts will make your current posts more informative. However, you need to make sure to link only to old posts which are related to your current article.
Furthermore, internal linking will improve the experience of your users and increase the time they spend on your site. Google’s algorithm measures these factors and will help increase your domain authority.
Remove Toxic BackLinks
You should visit your link profile regularly and search for any bad and toxic backlinks. By doing so, you’ll be able to remove links from toxic sources that could affect the domain authority of your website.
You can use backlink checking tools to keep track of bad backlinks. These tools pick up new links to your site and tell you which links are harming your profile. Usually, these links come from pages that:
- Are not indexed in Google,
- Have low majestic Trust Flow,
- Using unnatural anchor text,
- Have a significant number of external links
- It contains spammy looking domain names.
In addition, using Google’s Disavow Tool is also a great option to remove toxic backlinks to your website. After your backlink monitoring tool compile a list of toxic backlinks, you can submit the list to Google to disavow those bad links.
Produce High-Quality Links For Your Website
One of the crucial ways to improving your domain authority DA is to generate high-quality links for your website. It might not be easy, but it’s going to be worth it.
Those who are generating links using sites that guarantee backlinks in just a few minutes and other illegal means may lose their ranking and may get penalized by Google. If you want to increase your DA fair and square, here are some effective methods to help you generate high-quality links.
Share Your Content on Social Networking Sites
It’s not enough to create excellent content. It should be shared and promoted to reach larger audiences. In connection with this, social media sites with high domain authority are the perfect places to share your content.
You can share your blog posts on sites such as Twitter and Facebook. By doing so, you’ll reach a new audience and if they find it useful, it will get more shares and will go viral in no time. However, to make this happen, you need a great strategy and lots of practice to master social media sharing.
You also have to keep with the social media algorithms. Like search engines, social media channels also have their algorithms to update their content, and everything else in their websites.
Guest posting is one of the best methods to increase referral traffic and grow your brand’s authority. However, it can be spammy if you’ll do it the wrong way. To help you make the most out of guest posting, take your cue from these following points:
- Post on sites with high authority
- Create good quality content. You need to think outside the box.
- Use relevant links.
- Avoid link stuffing because it can affect your website’s ranking and you may get penalized.
- Only submit related topics on the site you’re planning to post.
Good Content is the Natural Link Builder
The most useful method to generate high-quality links is by producing good content. It should be informative, relevant, easy to read, and understandable. Moreover, good articles won’t only benefit your website and your readers, but it will also help other sites as well.
For instance, if you create a descriptive and a very informative post on your site, and someone found that your content was very relevant to his or her post. That person can link to your post to make his or her content more interesting and informative. So, your post helped that person write a great article of their own.
Therefore, creating a significant number of relevant and informative contents can help you gain more natural links for your site.
Takeaway for Improving your Domain Authority
In boosting your domain authority, optimization and content always come together. You can’t increase your site’s DA if you don’t improve the overall SEO of your website. That being said, the ways mentioned above are just some of the techniques you can use to enhance your content and boost your website’s domain authority.